Friday, March 31, 2006

The Marine Drive Flyover



Princess Street is a neighborhood which stretches along this road in south Bombay.

All Bombayites must sure have seen the famous marine drive flyover (remember the opening sequence in the super hit Hindi movie Dhoom where the bank van is looted and then toppled). This is the other end of that flyover which serves the busy Marine Lines railway station as well as Thakurdwar and Bhuleshwar to the north and Dhobitalao to the south. The legendary Parsi Dairy Farm can also be found here.

2 Comments:

Blogger eggplant said...

Hi, I run a blog www.publicarchives.wordpress.com - to which I invite historians to contribute. I recently published a post on some meetings held in Bombay prior to Goa's Liberation and used your photograph of Princess street, as the meeting was held in a school there. I can take it down if you object to its use. I have credited your blog at the bottom of the photograph as I cannot find an email id or any other information about you.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Bhushan - Naujawan-E-Hind said...

Hello @eggplant
I am fine for you to use the photograph as long as you publish my name, which is Padam Bhushan, and the blog link, beneath the photograph on your blog.

All the best.

P.S. I used to teach streetplay to the students of The Little Flower of Jesus High School.

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home